Hironobu Ueshima, MD, PhD
Chief of staff.
Anesthesiology of Department, Showa University Hospital
Hironobu Ueshima graduated as MD from Kansai Medical University (Japan) in 2004. He studied airway management and ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia since 2006 at Kansai Medical University. Lots of hand-on seminars on airway management (supraglottic airway and difficult airway management), sedation, and ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia (all region) had been held all over the world in the past 10 years. He has been working at Showa University Hospital since 2015.
Qualification: medical specialist of Anesthesiology (Japan), doctor of medicine, councilor of Japanese Society of Regional Anesthesia (Japan), education Instructor of peripheral nerve blocks of Japanese Society of Regional Anesthesia (Japan), sedation training of Japanese Society of Anesthesiologists (Japan), certified physician of Japanese Society of Pediatrics Anesthesia (Japan)
- Blocking of Multiple Anterior Branches of Intercostal Nerves (Th2-6) Using a Transversus Thoracic Muscle Plane Block. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2015; 40: 388
- Serratus Plane Block for a Contraction of the Latissmus Dorsi Muscle. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2016; 41: 411.
- The addition of transversus thoracic muscle plane block to pectoral nerves block provides more effective perioperative pain relief than pectoral nerves block alone for breast cancer surgery. BJA 2017; 118: 439-443.
- Ultrasound-Guided Quadratus Lumborum Block: An Updated Review of Anatomy and Techniques. Biomed Res Int. 2017; 2752876.
- Supra-inguinal fascia iliaca block under ultrasound guidance for perioperative analgesia during bipolar hip arthroplasty in a patient with severe cardiovascular compromise: A case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2018 Oct;97(40):e12746.
- Efficacy of the Thoracolumbar Interfascial Plane Block for Lumbar Laminoplasty: A Retrospective Study. Asian Spine J. 2017 Oct;11(5):722-725.
- Efficacy of the Erector Spinae Plane Block for Lumbar Spinal Surgery: A Retrospective Study. Asian Spine J. 2019 Apr;13(2):254-257.
- Greater analgesic effect with intermittent compared with continuous mode of lumbar plexus block for total hip arthroplasty: a randomized controlled trial. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2019 Apr 3. pii: rapm-2018-100091.
- Thoracolumbar interfascial plane block provides effective perioperative pain relief for patients undergoing lumbar spinal surgery; a prospective, randomized and double blinded trial. J Clin Anesth. 2019 Apr 25;58:12-17.
- 70 Questions of peripheral nerve block part 1 (in Japanese)
- 70 Questions of peripheral nerve block part 2 (in Japanese)
- 70 Questions of airway management (in Japanese)
- Be proud of airway management. (in Japanese)